The Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum is looking for enthusiastic volunteers with excellent customer service skills to support our front desk and museum store. Customer Service Volunteers typically commit to one 3.5 hour shift each week.
- Front desk volunteers set the tone for the visitor’s experience with a welcoming and informative greeting. You will be trained how to greet visitors, utilize the computer to perform a variety of basic functions, answer calls, and how to share information about the museum with guests. You will also support the staff in other projects as needed.
- Store volunteers create a warm and welcoming retail experience for museum visitors. You will be trained how to utilize the store’s point-of-sales system and how to share information about merchandise with guests. You will also support the Store Manager in other projects as needed.
Collection positions are very limited. Volunteers for this work must have a serious interest in the subject matter, and have a regular time commitment. Previous education in the subject is not required; however, the supervising archivist and research coordinator are willing to train the interested volunteer in doing the specialized research work. Any opportunities will be posted online.
- Train to lead drop-in “Journey to Pikes Peak” tours
- Tours offered Tuesdays at 1pm, Fridays at 1pm, and Saturdays at Noon and 1pm
School Program Volunteers
- Train to lead stations for our Hands on History School Program (grades 2nd-5th)
- Program offered Tuesdays-Fridays, program times vary between 9am and 12:30pm
Applications for the 2020 Junior Docent Program are open now until May 9, 2020. Learn more about the Junior Docent program here.
Program volunteers support everything from our large-scale family festivals to our after hours events for adults.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum! Please complete the application below. You will hear from the Museum Program Coordinator within a week. We will notify you of the next steps which include an interview, processing of a background check, and training.