Applications Due Tuesday, February 27, 2024
The Marshall and E.J. Sprague Scholarship is made possible through an endowment to the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum Foundation in honor of Marshall and E.J. Sprague. Each year one $3,000 scholarship will be awarded to a high school student competing as an individual in the Colorado Springs Regional History Day competition held at Colorado College. The scholarship is intended for college-related expenses. Student projects will be judged by their historical quality, the clarity of their presentation, and their demonstrated passion for history.
This scholarship is restricted to participants who are:
- Currently in 9th through 12th grade at a local high school;
- Competing as an individual in any category at the annual Pikes Peak Regional History Day competition held at Colorado College on March 2, 2024;
- Have not previously been awarded the Sprague scholarship.
A statement of agreement must be signed by the scholarship recipient and a parent or guardian acknowledging an intention to attend a two- or four-year, degree-granting, accredited institution and that the money will be used for college-related expenses. Students are not restricted to any specific major.
Scholarship Guidelines and Requirements
Please note that only the first 12 complete applications will be considered for the scholarship. Submission order will be tracked by the time stamp on the online application.
- Please complete the online application form at the bottom of this page (you should receive a confirmation email – if you do not that means the submission failed and you must complete the application again)
- The following materials must be submitted in the application:
- ALL CATEGORIES: A copy of the process paper and an annotated bibliography
- WEBSITES: You are required to provide a link to access your project
- DOCUMENTARIES and PERFOMANCES: We appreciate a link to access a video of your documentary or a video recording of your performance – we do hope you attend your presentation in-person, but appreciate links if possible
- Successful applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee. The decision of this committee is final.
- Scholarship winner will be announced at the Pikes Peak Regional History Day award ceremony. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the ceremony.