- This event has passed.
Digital Children’s History Hour: Collecting Counts!
April 15 at 10:30 am - 11:30 amFree
Please note that the April 15 and April 25 programs will no longer be offered in-person at the museum. We are planning a digital program through the Zoom platform – details below!
Join us for Children’s History Hour: Collecting Counts! from the comfort of your home! RSVP for information on how to tune into our Zoom meeting at 10:30 a.m. for a live program! Children ages 3-6 and their families are invited to enjoy story time, a brief history program, and a guided craft.
HOW TO JOIN THE FUN
- Submit an RSVP for the event (RSVP button is at the bottom of this page).
- The night before the event, we will send an email with the secure Zoom meeting link.
- At the start of the program open the Zoom meeting link.
- If you do not have Zoom on your computer, follow the directions to download the program.
- Make sure your microphone is muted and your video is turned off.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Some people collect stamps. Others collect rocks. What do you collect? We’ll explore how museums are made up of special collections that tell many stories about our community. We’ll share some tips on caring for your own unique collection and get creative making a storage container for your items.
Supplies Needed: Get creative! Do you collect rocks? Decorate an egg carton to protect your special stones. Do you collect photos? Make a colorful frame to display your favorite picture. We encourage families to use whatever supplies you have around the house. Share your final product with us on Facebook or Instagram.