- This event has passed.
Digital Children’s History Hour: Arches to Zigzags
May 30 at 9:00 am - 9:45 amFree
Join us for Children’s History Hour: Arches to Zigzags from the comfort of your home! RSVP for information on how to tune into our Zoom meeting for a live program! While all ages are welcome, this program is designed for children ages 5-10 and their families. Enjoy story time, a brief history program, and a guided craft.
HOW TO JOIN THE FUN
- Submit an RSVP for the event (RSVP button is at the bottom of this page).
- The night before the event, we will send an email with the secure Zoom meeting link.
- At the start of the program open the Zoom meeting link.
- If you do not have Zoom on your computer, follow the directions to download the program.
- Make sure your microphone is muted and your video is turned off.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Explore the ABCs of architecture as we celebrate National Historic Preservation Month! We’ll read “Arches to Zigzags” by Michael J. Crosbie and discover the beautiful details of the museum’s home, the 1903 El Paso County Courthouse. Download our Architecture Scavenger Hunt Worksheet to explore your own homes and neighborhoods. We’re making creative columns in honor of the many columns decorating the courthouse.
Supplies Needed: Get creative! You can use toilet paper rolls, cardboard and colorful paper to make your columns. We encourage families to use whatever supplies you have around the house. Share your final product with us on Facebook or Instagram.
- Did you miss the April program exploring collections? You can still access it online!