The Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum (CSPM) is excited to open our doors to the community beginning on Thursday, July 9, 2020. We are following current state and local guidelines to protect visitors, volunteers and staff. Please review what visitors can expect during this time.
1. Before Your Visit
- The CSPM strongly encourages all visitors to reserve free tickets online. We are staggering opening hours from 10 a.m. – Noon, Noon – 3 p.m., and 3 – 5 p.m.
- For every time block, we will welcome only 50 visitors at a time. 20 tickets will be available for walk-ins during each time block and given on a first come, first serve basis. Please read the rest of the guidelines and reserve your tickets at the link below.
2. Upon Arrival
- Face coverings are required for all staff, volunteers and visitors for ages 10 and older. If visitors arrive without a face covering, the CSPM will have some available on hand to pass out. Please keep on at all times (even while outside).
- All visitors will be asked to provide contact information to fulfill a requirement for contact tracing per the El Paso County Health Department. This can be accomplished upon arrival or through the online reservation system.
- Staff will administer temperature checks and safety questions upon arrival for all visitors.
3. During Your Visit
- Signs will be displayed throughout the museum in order to layout the traffic flow and encourage social distancing 6′ between groups.
- Hand Sanitizing stations will be available throughout the Museum. Throughout the day, the museum will be cleaned and high-touch areas will be sanitized.
- Some exhibits have changed in order to limit the number of high-touch points in the Museum.
Experience the following exhibits at the CSPM:
o Evidence: Finding the Facts about General William Jackson Palmer
o Una Familia Grande: The Conejos Neighborhood Project
o The Story of Us: The Pikes Peak Region from A- Z
o Cultural Crossroads: Highlights from the Museum’s Collection
o Any Place North and West: African Americans in Colorado Springs
o From Paris to Plains: Van Briggle Pottery in Colorado Springs
o A Home of One’s Own: the Life of Helen Hunt Jackson
o City of Sunshine: Health in the Pikes Peak Region
o Beautifully Restored Division I Courtroom