Summer of Fun at CSPM!
Our summer programs are offered June 6, 2017 through July 28, 2017.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT:
Join us for summer at the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum! Are you looking for a group experience for your K-5 students? Read below for more information on our summer Hands On History program. Visiting with the family? Check out our program calendar for an updated list of kid’s programs, festivals, and tours. Older than 5th grade? Plan a self-guided visit with your group.
HANDS ON HISTORY PROGRAM:
- K-5 groups must schedule their visit to the museum at least 2 weeks in advance using our Tour Request Form (please select “Summer Hands On History Program” in the drop-down menu)
- You may plan your visit for Tuesdays through Saturdays
- Groups may choose from two time frames for their visits – 10:30am to 1:00pm OR 1:00 to 3:30pm
- We can only allow up to 50 students per visit
- If your group is larger than 50 please consider visiting on two separate days or finding an alternative activity for half of your group
- There is a recommend $1 donation per child
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- All pre-scheduled groups will receive a welcome and introduction upon arrival.
- The museum has six interactive station facilitated by our Junior Docent volunteers. Cart availability depends on the day of your visit and volunteer availability.
WHAT WE DO NOT PROVIDE:
- We do not have indoor facilities for students to eat lunch, but in the warmer months groups are welcome to eat in the Alamo Square Park surrounding the building.
- Groups must provide their own pencils and writing or clip boards if they choose to do a written activity. Please no ink pens.
PREPARING FOR YOUR VISIT:
- After you have scheduled your visit you will receive an email confirmation with details on how to prepare. Please split your students into 5 groups with a minimum of 1 adult chaperone per group.
- We require one adult chaperone for every 8-10 students and ask that you share your expectations with them prior to the visit.
- Please leave water bottles and backpacks on your bus. Let us know if you need a backpack to carry medical supplies.
- Upon your arrival a volunteer or staff member will greet you and take you to a location where we will welcome your group, share the rules, and answer any questions about your visit.
- Please review our Guidelines for Groups for information on our chaperone policy, parking for buses, and more.
Share Your Thoughts
Please complete our Tour Evaluation Form after your tour so that we may better serve you!
Contact the Museum Program Coordinator, Meg Poole at 719-385-5631 or email at email@example.com to discuss educational programs at the Museum.